Thursday 30 August 2012

Twitter sytle reviews by Lyndsay - Spot on, Lancashire

My highlights:
  • Dugout Theatre's Inheritance Blues - fabulous show combining a live band, theatre and comedy about three sons at their fathers wake. Think it's finished at Fringe now but check them out for future performances. ****
  • Mess - Never thought I'd laugh at anorexia but it was a really sensitively handled and beautifully crafted show.****
  • Mayday Mayday - not a dry eye in the house I literally turned around and everyone was crying. Great one man show about the day he broke his neck and the subsequent recovery. I'd love this in our menu.*****
  • Translunar Paradise - I finally saw it! Wow. Another audience in tears. Surely we can convince them to tour it? *****
  • The Boy With Tape On His Face - Just see it. I doubt it would ever work in a small space because the show needs audience participation within a big group. But if you want to laugh for an hour you should go. Plus you get a free balloon!****
  • Barbershopera - The Three Musketeers, great new show. Four part accapella vocal group, with a silly storyline and lots of energy. Shame it was on so late as it would benefit family audiences.****
  • End to End at Bannermans, a free fringe show that's well worth a view. Really great story about three girls who take a trip from Lands End to John O'Groats trying to travel on as many forms of transport as possible. The show is made up of conversations and experiences they had along the way. Great staging, lovely company. I'd like to get in touch to find out if they'll be touring. ****
  • Beta Males - The Space Race - saw them last year and this new show is even better. Four men improvising in a high energy show about how Britain made it to the moon first. The show has some fantastic video footage, projected on stage. If we can convince them to swear a little less I think we'd have a great show for our audiences. ****
  • Molly Naylor and the Middle Ones - My Robot Heart - Fantastic show. Brilliant story which resonated for me as someone about Molly's age (made me realise I'm further along in my wardrobe buying stages than I thought). Not always sure about the soundtrack but a good watch nonetheless. ***
I saw others too but the above stood out for me.
Enjoy it!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment