Sunday 26 August 2012

Communicado, Tam'o Shanter, Assembly Rooms , 20 August 2012

Tam'o Shanter is quite a large production at the Assembly Rooms - 11 actors/musicians, some fairly substantial props, and backlit projections.

The show was excellently performed and produced, costumes fabulous, acting superb, fine dancing  and the music and musicians were indeed outstanding.

For me, the highlights were the superbly designed projections, the evocative storm scene with the twiggy wintry trees blowing in the wind, and the clever representation of Meg the horse.

I do though have to own up to cultural ignorance - I don't know Burns' famous poem - and I hadn't really got a clue what was going on.  Maybe the bar scene rather took over events and muddled the stuctured somwhat.  It was rather lengthy. I got rather bored.  Maybe for some this is a show which needs a printed programme.  Yes, a programme seller appeared briefly at the far side of the hall after the audience had been herded in and seated,  and I was not the only person in dismay about not getting one.  Shame.

Elaine Williams
Inverie Village Hall
Knoydart Arta Promotions


No comments:

Post a Comment