Tuesday 21 August 2012

Kipper Tie 'The Ugly Duckling', C Chambers, Fri 17 Aug 12, Review by Rosie Cross, Highlights

Review
The 2 girls worked hard.  The children in the audience were semi-engaged  -some more than others… It felt like I had jumped to a rather mediocre small town winter panto.  The 2 actors’ voices weren’t up to many of the songs.  The recurring “Nobody wants to be my friend” song/snippet was the best bit, along with the signing which accompanied it.   (I can still sing it several days on!)

The lighting was very poor, especially given that the girls wore animal or bird hats which cast shadows over their faces.


Why is the work suitable or not suitable / ready for rural touring ?
Not really.   Because the quality wasn’t good enough.  The set might have been able to be adapted for smaller scale touring. 
Why would you book them ?  or  Why wouldn’t you book them ?
Because of the above reasons
Why would it be worth pursuing this company to consider work in the future? Or not  ?
no

1 comment:

  1. Cally Barker replies: I agree with you, Rosie. It was like a small town winter panto and I too only remember "No-one wants to be my friend because I'm ugly" Dull set and dull costumes although as you say, the girls worked hard.

    ReplyDelete