Friday 26 August 2011

RSH Productions: Ophelia (Space 2, theSpaces on the Mile, 25/08)

Well, my train back to the rural idyll was leaving just before seven, so I had time to take a punt for the last play of my visit, and from the Fringe directory blurb I thought this might make an interesting village hall evening play.  OK, it might require some background in Hamlet, but we're a pretty sophisticated bunch of countrydwellers.

Sad to say that I didn't find a gem.   First, it turned out to be a cast of five. Or six.  There was so much coming and going through the curtains I did lose count.   They have their exits and their entrances...

I actually found the final scene quite funny.  Not sure if I was meant to, and I don't think any of the other members of the audience (10?) were laughing.

Now that I'm back and connected to superfast rural broadband I see that there is another review at Fringe Guru (though it came out after I'd booked my ticket).  Pretty much what I felt.  So sorry, not a rural tourer in my book.    These things might be best left in the city..."Lead on, MacWhassisname!"

Peter for Arts Out West

No comments:

Post a Comment