Friday 26 August 2011

Kafka and Son, Richard Jordan productions/Theaturtle/Threshold in association with Assembly, 17.05

genre: Yetanother one actor piece.
Came beribboned with accolades from native Canada, but oh dear, I had a terrible urge to shout " Get over it" half wasy through this piece.

It was a rant by Kafka's 36 year old emotionally stunted son about his feelings about his cruel, overbearing, arrogant bully of a father. Whilst in essence one should feel empathy for him, I just found it unremitting in its obsessive criticism of everything his father had done to him.

I also needed to know more about Kafka's work to understand the nuances, I feel.

It was brilliantly acted and cleverly crafted, easily tourable, but as they arefrom canada, I wonder if it is viable financially.

Sorry to Claire who loved it; it did nothing for me!
JO Cheshire

No comments:

Post a Comment