Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Matchmaker, Splinters Productions, Scottish Storytelling Centre,

Genre: Dramatised storytelling; three actors, multiple parts for two of them.

This is a company made up of three actors with many years of experience between them. In concept it is a perfect rural touring play; a story about a shameless Irishman who matchmakes for remuneration, and not always too skilfully or honestly.

it leads to amusing stories and good characterisation, but, maybe I had seen too many good productions that day, but I felt unmoved and found the constant harping on sexual innuendo a bit tiresome by the interval, and I'm afraid I didn't return for the second half; something I have only ever done twice in my theatre-going before!
It seemd to be going down well for the predominantly older in years audience, who matched the actors......
Easy to tour
Would I book it: No, not with all the other choices around
JO Cheshire

No comments:

Post a Comment