Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Old Woman Who Lived in a..... - Elements World Theatre

Name of company
Elements World Theatre
Name of show
The Old Woman Who Lived in a…..
Genre
Dance & Physical Theatre
Venue
The Space @ surgeons hall
Date
16th August


Review *
This show centres on a reunion of all the children who lived in the shoe with the old woman 20 years on.  After that I got a bit lost.  I’m not sure who this show was aimed at, but I think an older audience as opposed to a childrens’ audience as the title indicates.

The structure of the show is disjointed and to be honest, if I could have got away with it, I would have left early.  I do not understand why it is in the Dance & Physical theatre section of the programme as the only real physical element was when they ran around the centre block of the seating – there was certainly no dance.

Even if the show was of a high enough quality to programme, I think it would be very difficult to target this at an older audience with the title and image which indicates it is for children.

CA @ NEAT

Suitable / ready for rural touring?
No
Would you book them ?
No
Would it be worth pursuing this company to consider work in the future?
No

No comments:

Post a Comment