Thursday 1 September 2011

Rom Com Con Review - Rosie Cross

Name of company
Mace & Burton   
Name of show
Rom Com Con        
Genre
Stand-up comedy, with Projection      
Venue
Medina     
Date
Saturday  20 Aug  2011

Review

Went on a whim, having been leafleted, whilst in the Udderbelly queue, getting my ticket for Private Peaceful.  That discourse (it was one of the performers ) persuaded me to go along  - that and the fact that it was a free show .  

It  was a gentle feel good show about two 20-30 year old girls who don’t want to remain single and go through techniques used in Romantic comedy movies to see if they work to get a man!   Just the 2 of them and  projected images and interviews on a screen behind them.  One of the performers operated the lap  top. 

The demographic in the small but packed venue was probably around 80% being under 35 and the rest over 35.    But I’m well over 35 and I really  enjoyed it. 


Suitable / ready for rural touring?
yes
Would you book them?
yes
Would it be worth pursuing this company to consider work in the future?
I fear not, ‘cos it seems they’re on the look out for comedy clubs and TV……

Any other comments
I mentioned the National Rural Touring Forum‘s Rural Touring seminar on Tuesday.   I wonder if either of them will go?     I sort of feel they won’t

No comments:

Post a Comment