Thursday 1 September 2011

Actions Review - Rosie Cross

Name of company
Irish Modern Dance Theatre  
Name of show
Actions   
Genre
Modern Dance  
Venue
Dance Base  
Date
Friday  19 Aug  2011

Review
I am not a modern dance expert, so possibly wasn’t able to fully appreciate the piece.   The skill of the 2 performers was clear; and some of slower parts of the piece I found quite moving.   But theatre it was not.   The improvised (and to me, rather trite) verbal communications between the 2 dancers did nothing for the piece.  I found that it distracted and detracted from the dance and – if anything – alienated the audience.

After the show I overheard someone (I think it was the choreographer of the piece) talking about the marvellous ‘textures’ in the piece – help!!   oh dear!    

Suitable / ready for rural touring?
no
Would you book them ?
no
Would it be worth pursuing this company to consider work in the future?
no  

Any other comments

Would need a sprung floor, or dance studio

No comments:

Post a Comment